Even a non Bowtie guy has to acknowledge this one
57 fuelie...if you have to ask you can't afford it.
1957 CHEVROLET CORVETTE CONVERTIBLE

Even a non Bowtie guy has to acknowledge this one
57 fuelie...if you have to ask you can't afford it.
1957 CHEVROLET CORVETTE CONVERTIBLE
Your neighbors called. They like your music.
Actually, that is Rochester fuel injection.
Ron
Enjoying Altec Speakers since 1972

Is the Hillborn the one with vertical stacks?
Your neighbors called. They like your music.
My, my, Old Guy. Have you been out on the farm too long? Especially for a guy that describes speakers in terms of the sweet spot in engines were the resonate frequency of the intake and exhaust manifolds match the engine rpm. So here is my chance to bring it up; how feasible would it be to place a powerful speaker in an enclosure, connected to the intake manifold, wired to produce frequencies of 1/2 the rpm of the car engine, since the intake event occurs every other revolution of the crank? Something that would go from 400Hz to about 3000- 4000Hz. I was thinking that you could help out the tuning of the intake event when the cam wasn’t in full song with the intake manifold. Just a thought….
Opps, sorry Old Guy, that smart-assed remark should have been directed to Altec Best, but then, it wouldn't have made sense.
Last edited by VolvoHeretic; August 10th, 2011 at 09:40 PM.

Active muffler using speaker, not the same but worth a read...
Active Noise Cancellation, Diesel Exhaust, Sound Waves, Cancellation, ActiveSilence, Muffler, Noise, Loudspeaker, Eberspaecher | Active noise cancellation applied to diesel exhaust
Your neighbors called. They like your music.
For it to have a positive performance effect, the driver would have to exceed the full-stroke piston displacement (bore X stroke). Then you'd need a responsive "check valve" like a 2-stroke reed assembly to facilitate pressurization. Positive pressure turbos can do that way better than any EM motor driver and still fit under the hood. A servo motor driver could do it, but probably not as efficiently for the size.
Nothin' wrong with pipe dreams though!
Last edited by bfish; August 11th, 2011 at 07:37 PM.
"[I]We're going all the way, till the wheels fall off and burn[/I]!"
Bob Dylan, from [I]Brownsville Girl[/I]
[I]"Time wounds all heels"[/I]
John Lennon, referring to the Nixon/Hoover deportation fiasco.

Thanks Ron !
A friend of mines father had a 56 Vette back in the day with a 283 that came with Hillborn F.I. IIRC. Though that vette needed to be restored.It was a dark metallic blue with the white shark paint job.Single head lamps.But was in rough condition. I don't know if he ever did get it finished and was thinking it was the same.
I think it was a transplant. No fuel inj. of any kind, or 283 in 1956. 265c.i./225hp w/ 2 4bbl was highest output."1956 Corvette Specifications"
Yes, Hillborn had vertical stacks. But was never stock on anything, at least not any Chevy.
Hilborn still lives btw and now has original looking stuff converted to EFI.
Ron
Enjoying Altec Speakers since 1972
Bookmarks